Monday, October 21, 2013

JR Pixel Building Final

      This is the final version of the pixel building project. For the design, I decided to go with the original plan, which was to combine the two-floor city restaurant with the wooden, bayou restaurant. Since it has a symmetric and uniform shape, many of the shapes were able to be copied and utilized on multiple floors. I decided to use red boards of wood for the outside of the building because the interior is depicted as using red wood on the title screen. The window covers (slopes with shingles) were another touch I added to mix in the bayou theme. The textures were originally simple-shaded, but the shading became more gradient-like when they were distorted (in order to match the perspective angles), which I thought turned out very nicely and made the pixel textures more detailed. As for the building in game, I plan to give it a neon sign and festive decorations to liven the place up, but for this assignment I decided to focus more on the major details and the structure of the building as a whole. Either way, I'm very happy with how the building turned out.

4 comments:

  1. I like how this came out, I think that the shading can really be seen on the top of the building, I would however change your highlights and stuff to make it more clear as to where the light is coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great man. shading and wooden structure are my favorite parts. looks pro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very unique design here. I like the shading you applied to the roof and door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice building. looks like your source of light is to the right, so the front of the building should be darker than the right. the rest of the shadow look good. dont forget that drop shadow on the ground to make it feel grounded.

    ReplyDelete