Wednesday, November 6, 2013

JR Maze - Upgrade Research




          For my game of reference and inspiration for upgrading the maze, I chose The Sims 3. Despite being a completely different kind of game, I thought it would serve as a good reference for spicing the maze up. Since my maze is in a condo, I thought it needed some furniture and variance in the kinds of carpets the different residents have. The Sims 3 has a similar simple graphical like the maze has, and has plenty of examples of rooms and furniture pieces, so I knew it would be a good thing to reference while building furniture to the maze. I plan on utilizing the new dynamic textures in Maya to create different kinds of flooring for the open rooms. For the furniture, I plan to make chairs, sofas, coffee tables, shelves, and maybe even some lamps or TVs. The furniture shouldn't be too difficult to make, as it looks simple enough to build with the 3D Polygons in Maya. I'll use The Sims 3 as a reference to help me decide varietals and textures for the furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment