Monday, November 11, 2013

JR Maze - Finished Upgrade




       This is the finished upgrade of the maze. I decided to make the maze more colorful and lively by adding different kinds of floor/wall for different parts of the complex, along with furniture to make it more like a living space. I added tile floors and a new carpet pattern for peoples' rooms and the living area, along with a metal wall and concrete floor for the back/utility hallway near the top left of the first image. For the furniture, I used a mix of blinns and lamberts to texture them. The red chair may look a but strange, but I'm really happy with how the wooden furniture turned out with it's textures. I was hoping to add separate textures to different surfaces, bit the ability to add a different sized texture to each piece of the furniture turned out well enough. Each piece of furniture was built out of standard polygons, and a warped sphere was used to make the back boards on the big chairs and couches. I also removed many of the little gaps between wall and ceiling pieces, which made the maze look more polished.


6 comments:

  1. looks insanely real. probably should have taken renders though instead of screenshots

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, I like the use of props and different floors throughout the maze. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good looking furniture. Like how you created multiple light sources, but didn't allow it be very overwhelming. Really good maze

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you created the furniture and how it looks like a real room but I think the furniture could look a tad better try and round the edges of the couch and give it legs, it looks like its on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this, you did a great job adding furniture and really making the maze look like a condominium. If you're planning on advancing this for the final, try to make the furniture textures more realistic

    ReplyDelete
  6. great upgrade to textures and objects in the maze. i would just suggest upgrading your lighting with my comments from last week.

    ReplyDelete