Monday, November 18, 2013

JR Improvement #1 - Final Product




           This is the final version of the JR Maze updated for the final. I decided to go with the idea of changing the realistic looping textures with cartoonish ones to make it much less out-of-place. All of the textures were pretty easy to make (though, the ceiling texture turned out looking rather odd, but that isn't a big deal). They were all done in Photoshop using the Katamari-style simple shading, and it looks surprisingly good in 3D. A problem I encountered while modifying everything was that my new textures were non-looping, and weren't positioned properly. However, once I learned about Maya's Planar Mapping function, I was able to fix all of the textures. I was also able to take advantage of this by making books for the bookshelves around the maze, since they looked rather empty to begin with. In addition, they add more bright color to the maze, which really fits the style. Overall, I'm very happy with how the maze turned out, and I'm glad I was able to make this great upgrade.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job chris, I like how you upgraded the furniture and how it now looks a lot more real. Good job

    ReplyDelete