Wednesday, November 13, 2013

JR Improvement #1 - Concept





  


    

      For my first of three (or four, or whatever is decided on) improvement projects, I decided to make another improvement to the maze I recently completed. Despite looking good with higher quality textures, and even though my game is in 2D, I thought that it would look rather out-of-place in the environment of the game. The two different styles of art clash significantly. To remedy this, I am thinking of using the practice I had in making and sizing textures to change the maze to the Katamari-like art style of the game (screenshot example of Katamari shown above). As the screenshot shows, the game uses cartoonish and simple colors, and has very simple shading to match. With this in mind, I am also going to make an even spread of the light sources to control and reduce the amount of shadows to better fit the art style. The blinn textures won't be kept, but I plan to add the same amount of variety to the replacement textures.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you changed up the textures a little bit. To make it more interesting though you could even think about making the floor or the balls more bumpy by sculpting the texture in Maya.

    ReplyDelete