Monday, November 4, 2013

JR Maze - Final Model





            This is the final version of the maze. Due to the way I drew my plans out, it didn't end up fitting the grid, so it was more difficult to even out the walls and I didn't have the advantage of Maya's Snap-to-Grid feature. Either way, the textures look really good together, and I was able to space out the flower pot walls and doors without it looking too repetitive. The doors are separate objects, but I was able to layers them close enough to the wall so that they don't look odd when viewed from the side. I wasn't able to make a fully looping carpet texture, but the texture still turned out well, as they look like office carpet squares. Overall, it was a little difficult to construct this, but I'm still happy with how everything went together.

1 comment:

  1. very nice maze. to upgrade, dim the main light and add several point lights for more dynamic lighting. break up your large patches of textures on the walls, floor and ceiling with new textures placed around those areas.

    ReplyDelete